Skunk Trapping and Skunk Removal
Skunks can be an extreme nuisance to your living environment. Whether they are in your attic or finding their way into your home or office, it is important to get the problem remedied before they become a larger problem.
Quick Catch offers Skunk trapping and Skunk removal services to Jacksonville and surrounding North Florida areas including, Duval, St. Johns, Clay, Putnam, Baker, Nassau counties.
Common Reasons for Skunk Trapping and Skunk Removal Services:
- Skunks can cause a lot of damage
Skunks often dig dens/burrows in your yard, garden, flower beds, or under your home looking for grubs, insects, and small animals. They also eat leaves, buds, grasses, garbage, or any fruit or berries within reach. If startled, the skunk will spray their foul-smelling oil through the glands which exit under the skunk’s tail.
- Skunks carry disease
Skunks can be very dangerous because skunks are one of the top 3 carriers of the Rabies virus on the East Coast. Rabies will be 100% fatal if left untreated. If a skunk bites or scratches anyone, that skunk must be safely trapped, killed, and have its head cut off and sent to be tested for rabies. If for any reason the skunk cannot be trapped, the person who was bitten or scratched must go through a series of expensive and painful rabies shots. Even if you are lucky enough to not have rabid skunks in your home or business, non-rabid skunks often spray pets such as cats and dogs, and that smell can be hard to remove from the pet, and can cause people to vomit. This is why skunk trapping and skunk removal is absolutely necessary, and should be delegated to the professionals at Quick Catch.
How Quick Catch Removes Skunks:
- Trapping skunks is the most effective way to remove them.
Some other wildlife and animal control companies sometimes use other methods for skunk removal, but these other methods are not as effective and sometimes inhumane. Some companies will use poison to kill wildlife and animals that are causing problems, but the animal will then often die in the attic or in a wall, and produce a horrible stench. Then the removal of the dead skunk carcass will be necessary. Based on our exhaustive research and experience, a skunk needs to be trapped and then relocated far enough away that it will not come back.
- After skunks are removed, animal repair and intrusion prevention services are recommended
Quick Catch can assess damage caused by the skunks and repair holes or gaps, and close off possible entry ways into your home, or attic. We can produce an estimate to assess the damage and required efforts.
What are ways to Detect A Skunk Problem?
- Skunks dig small holes in your yard, your garden, and your business landscaping to find and feed on small insects, grubs and worms.
- Seeing skunks crawling under your home or business. From there, skunks dig dens in the ground
- Tracks can be helpful in identifying skunks. Skunks have five toes. Their heels are usually not part of the tracks, and their claw marks are usually somewhat visible.
- Skunk droppings also often contain undigested insect parts
- Best way to identify skinks is, unfortunately by their odor. Hopefully you don’t have to deal with a skunk spray, but you’ll know for sure you have a skunk problem when they decide to spray
How long will the process take to trap skunks?
Quick Catch is dedicated to resolving your skunk problem in the most efficient way possible, however the length of time to resolve the problem varies; each skunk trapping session is different. There are multiple considerations that can effect how long it takes to trap the skunks.
If you live in Jacksonville or a surrounding North Florida area and
- Suspect a skunk or family of them in your home or business
- Know that you have a skunk problem
- Need repair work to damage caused by skunks
- OR need our skunk deterrent and intrusion prevention services