Opossum Trapping and Opossum Removal
Opossums (also spelled Possums) can be an extreme nuisance to your living environment. Whether they are in your attic or finding their way into your home or office, it is important to get the problem remedied before they become a larger problem.
Quick Catch offers Opossum trapping and Opossum removal services to Jacksonville and surrounding North Florida areas including, Duval, St. Johns, Clay, Putnam, Baker, Nassau counties.
Common Reasons for Opossum Trapping and Opossum Removal Services:
- Opossums can cause a lot of damage
Opossums can cause a lot of damage, destroying electrical wiring, air conditioning duct work and dry wall. Opossum removal is essential to prevent costly damage in the attic. At Quick Catch we not only remove the animals, we also offer animal proofing service to help prevent a re-occurrence.
- Opossums are unsanitary and could cause negative health effects
Opossums typically leave their feces and urine on the attic insulation and in various places in your home, or office, producing a strong and repulsive smell, and could also cause negative health effects. Opossums can have as many as 15 surviving young at a time. If the Opossum of one of its young fall into a wall space and can’t get back out, it will die and cause a terrible smell. The smell of a dead opossum carcass can increase when the opossum begins to decompose. The dead animal carcass is also covered in parasites and additional odorous bacteria that really need to be removed.
- Possums carry diseases
Opossums are one of the largest carriers of the Cat Flea which can carry multiple diseases. Also, if an opossum feels threatened, it will bite. Opossum trapping should be left up to the professionals at Quick Catch.
How Quick Catch Removes Opossums:
- Trapping opossums is the most effective way to remove them.
Some other companies use other methods for opossum removal but they are not as effective and sometimes inhumane. Some companies will use poison and not only is it illegal but the animal will probable die in the attic or in a wall and produce a terrible smell. Then removal of the dead animal will be necessary. Other techniques such as making sounds and creating repellent smells rarely work. Even if these other methods happen to work, the animal is still around your home or business and may come back. Based on our exhaustive research and our experience, the opossum needs to be trapped and then relocated far enough away that it will not come back.
- After opossums are removed, animal repair and intrusion prevention services are recommended
Quick Catch can assess damage caused by the opossums and repair holes or gaps, and close off possible entry ways into your home, or business. We can produce an estimate to assess the damage and required efforts.
What are ways to Detect A Opossum Problem?
- Seeing opossums going into the crawl space under your home or business (opossums can crawl up walls, into the attic, where they often do significant damage)
- Finding feces or urine stains in your attic can be an indicator of a opossum or other wild animal problem
- Hearing noises or rustling in the attic can be an indication that there was or is an opossum problem (the noises in the attic could also be from raccoons, rats, mice, large lizards, gray squirrels, flying squirrels, birds, or bats)
- Finding holes chewed in your air conditioning duct work, or gnawed wiring insulation is a common way to detect a probable problem with an opossum or other wild animal
How long will the process take to trap opossums?
Quick Catch is dedicated to resolving your opossum problem in the most efficient way possible, however the length of time to resolve the problem varies; every opossum trapping session is different. There are multiple considerations that can effect how long it takes to trap the opossums in your home or business.
If you live in Jacksonville or a surrounding North Florida area and
- Suspect an opossum or family of them in your home or attic
- Know that you have an opossum problem
- Need repair work to damage caused by opossums
- OR need our opossum intrusion prevention services