Squirrel Removal and Squirrel Proofing
Squirrels, or even one squirrel can be an extreme nuisance to your living environment. Whether they are in your attic or finding their way into your home or office, it is important to get the problem remedied before they become a larger problem.
Quick Catch offers squirrel removal and squirrel proofing services to Jacksonville and surrounding North Florida areas including Nassau, Duval, St. Johns, Clay, Putnam, and Baker counties.
Common Reasons for Squirrel Removal Services:
- Squirrels can cause a lot of damage
Squirrels are like rats and mice, and must gnaw on things to wear their teeth down, while destroying electrical wiring, air conditioning duct work and dry wall. Squirrel removal is essential to prevent costly damage in your home or office. At Quick Catch we not only remove the animals, we also offer animal-proofing service to help prevent a re-occurrence.
- Squirrels are unsanitary and could cause negative health effects
Squirrels typically leave their feces and urine on the attic insulation and in various places in your home, or office, producing a strong and repulsive smell, and could also cause negative health effects. This smell can increase when a squirrel dies and begins to decompose. The dead animal carcass is covered in parasites and additional odorous bacteria that really need to be removed.
- Squirrels carry diseases
Squirrels may look very cute but they are also very dangerous. It is possible for a squirrel to have rabies but very unlikely. Anything large enough to bite a squirrel, that would also carry the rabies virus, would probably just kill that squirrel, rather than infecting them. Be careful! Squirrels can bite. If bitten by a squirrel, seek medical attention promptly, to prevent the risk of infection. This is another reason why removal is absolutely necessary, and should be delegated to the professionals at Quick Catch.
How Quick Catch Removes Squirrels:
- Trapping squirrels is the most effective way to remove them.
Some other wildlife and animal control companies sometimes use other methods for squirrel removal but these other methods are not as effective and sometimes inhumane. Some companies will use poison to kill wildlife and animals that are causing problems, but the animal will probably die in the attic or in a wall, and produce a horrible stench. Then the removal of the dead squirrel carcass will be necessary. Based on our exhaustive research, the squirrel needs to be trapped and then relocated far enough away that it will not come back.
- After squirrels are removed, animal repair and intrusion prevention services are recommended
Quick Catch can assess damage caused by the squirrels and repair holes or gaps, and close off possible entry ways into your home, or attic.
What are ways to Detect A Squirrel Problem?
- Seeing squirrels going into the crawl space under your home or business (squirrels can crawl up walls, into the attic, and do significant damage)
- Finding feces or urine stains in your attic can be an indicator of a squirrel problem
- Hearing noises or rustling in the attic can be an indication that there was or is a squirrel problem
- Finding gnawed wiring or air conditioning duct work is a common way to detect there could be a squirrel problem
How long will the process take to trap squirrels?
Quick Catch is dedicated to resolving your squirrel problem in the most efficient way possible, however the length of time to resolve the problem varies; each squirrel trapping session is different. Quick Catch professionals are usually able to trap squirrels within two weeks, but also might be able to solve the problem on the first night. There are multiple considerations that can effect how long it takes to trap the squirrels.
If you live in Jacksonville or a surrounding North Florida area and
- Suspect a squirrel or family of them in your home or attic
- Know that you have a squirrel problem
- Need repair work to damage caused by squirrels
- OR need our squirrel intrusion prevention services