Skunk Trapping and Skunk Removal
Skunks can be an extreme nuisance to your living environment. Whether they are in your attic or finding their way into your home or office, it is important to get the problem remedied before they become a larger problem.
Quick Catch offers Skunk trapping and Skunk removal services to Jacksonville and surrounding North Florida areas including, Duval, St. Johns, Clay, Putnam, Baker, Nassau counties.
Common Reasons for Skunk Trapping and Skunk Removal Services:
- Skunks can cause a lot of damage
Skunks often dig dens under a home or business, and then climb up walls, into the attic, where they destroy air conditioning duct work, electrical wiring, and dry wall. Skunk removal is essential to prevent costly damage in the attic. At Quick Catch we not only remove the animals, we also offer animal proofing service to help prevent a re-occurrence.
- Skunks are unsanitary and could cause negative health effects
Skunks typically leave their feces and urine on the attic insulation and in various places in your home or office, producing a strong and repulsive smell, and could also cause negative health effects. If startled, the skunk will spray their foul-smelling oil through the glands which exit under the skunk’s tail. If a skunk sprays in the attic, a very strong smell will take over the building. This smell can increase whenever a skunk dies in the attic or in the walls of the building, and begins to decompose. The dead animal carcass is covered in parasites and additional odorous bacteria that really need to be removed.
- Skunks carry disease
Skunks can be very dangerous because skunks are the Number One carrier of the Rabies virus on the East Coast. Rabies will be 100% fatal if left untreated. If a skunk bites or scratches anyone, that skunk must be safely trapped, killed, and have its head cut off and sent to be tested for rabies. If for any reason the skunk cannot be trapped, the person who was bitten or scratched must go through a series of expensive and painful rabies shots. Even if you are lucky enough to not have rabid skunks in your home or business, non-rabid skunks often spray pets such as cats and dogs, and that smell can be hard to remove from the pet, and can cause people to vomit. This is why skunk trapping and skunk removal is absolutely necessary, and should be delegated to the professionals at Quick Catch.
How Quick Catch Removes Skunks:
- Trapping skunks is the most effective way to remove them.
Some other wildlife and animal control companies sometimes use other methods for skunk removal, but these other methods are not as effective and sometimes inhumane. Some companies will use poison to kill wildlife and animals that are causing problems, but the animal will then often die in the attic or in a wall, and produce a horrible stench. Then the removal of the dead skunk carcass will be necessary. Based on our exhaustive research and experience, a skunk needs to be trapped and then relocated far enough away that it will not come back.
- After skunks are removed, animal repair and intrusion prevention services are recommended
Quick Catch can assess damage caused by the skunks and repair holes or gaps, and close off possible entry ways into your home, or attic. We offer a Free Estimate to assess the damage and required efforts.
What are ways to Detect A Skunk Problem?
- Skunks dig small holes in your yard, your garden, and your business landscaping to find and feed on small insects, grubs and worms.
- Seeing skunks crawling under your home or business. From there, skunks dig dens in the ground or crawl up walls to get into the attic of the building, where they damage wiring, air conditioning duct work, insulation, and drywall.
- Finding feces or urine stains in your attic can be an indicator of a problem with skunks (or other wild animals)
- Hearing noises or rustling in the attic can be an indication that there was or is a problem with skunks (or other wild animals)
- Finding gnawed wiring insulation, or holes chewed into your air conditioning duct work is a common indication that you have a problem with skunks or other wild animals
How long will the process take to trap skunks?
Quick Catch is dedicated to resolving your skunk problem in the most efficient way possible, however the length of time to resolve the problem varies; each skunk trapping session is different. Quick Catch professionals are usually able to trap skunks within two weeks, but also may be able to solve the problem the first night. There are multiple considerations that can effect how long it takes to trap the skunks.
If you live in Jacksonville or a surrounding North Florida area and
- Suspect a skunk or family of them in your home or business
- Know that you have a skunk problem
- Need repair work to damage caused by skunks
- OR need our skunk intrusion prevention services