Raccoon Removal & Proofing
Raccoons (also spelled Racoons) can be an extreme nuisance to your living environment. Whether they are in your attic or finding their way into your home or office, it is important to get the problem remedied before they become a larger problem.
Quick Catch offers Raccoon removal and proofing services to Jacksonville and surrounding North Florida areas including, Duval, St. Johns, Clay, Putnam, Baker, Nassau counties.
Raccoon Removal Services:
- Raccoon Removal
- Raccoon Trapping
- Raccoon Proofing
- Raccoon Control
- Raccoon Damage Repair
- Raccoon Intrusion Prevention
Common Reasons for Raccoon Removal Services:
- Raccoons can cause a lot of damage
Racoons can cause a lot of damage, destroying electrical wiring, air conditioning duct work and dry wall. Raccoon removal is essential to prevent costly damage in the attic. At Quick Catch we not only remove the animals, we also offer animal proofing service to help prevent a re-occurrence.
- Raccoons are unsanitary and could cause negative health effects
Raccoons typically leave their feces and urine on the attic insulation and in various places in your home, or office, producing a strong and repulsive smell, and could also cause negative health effects. This smell can increase when a raccoon dies and begins to decompose. The dead animal carcass is covered in parasites and additional odorous bacteria that really need to be removed.
- Raccoons carry diseases
Raccoons may look very cute but racoons are also very dangerous. Raccoons are the number one carrier of the rabies virus on the East Coast. Rabies is 100% fatal to humans and animals if untreated. If a raccoon bites or scratches someone the raccoon must be trapped, have it’s head cut off and the head sent to be tested. If the problem raccoon can not be trapped, the person who was bitten or scratched must undergo a series of painful and expensive rabies shots to avoid the disease. This is why raccoon removal is absolutely necessary, and should be delegated to the professionals at Quick Catch.
How Quick Catch Removes Raccoons:
- Trapping raccoons is the most effective way to remove them.
Some other wildlife and animal control companies sometimes use other methods for raccoon removal but these other methods are not as effective and sometimes inhumane. Some companies will use poison to kill wildlife and animals that are causing problems, but the animal will probably die in the attic or in a wall, and produce a horrible stench. Then the removal of the dead raccoon carcass will be necessary. Based on our exhaustive research, the raccoon needs to be trapped and then relocated far enough away that it will not come back.
- After raccoons are removed, animal repair and intrusion prevention services are recommended
Quick Catch can assess damage caused by the raccoons and repair holes or gaps, and close off possible entry ways into your home, or attic. We offer a Free Estimate to assess the damage and required efforts.
What are ways to Detect A Raccoon Problem?
- Seeing raccoons going into the crawl space under your home or business (raccoons can crawl up walls, into the attic, and do significant damage)
- Finding feces or urine stains in your attic can be an indicator of a raccoon problem
- Hearing noises or rustling in the attic can be an indication that there was or is a raccoon problem
- Finding gnawed wiring or air conditioning duct work is a common way to detect there could be a raccoon problem
How long will the process take to trap raccoons?
Quick Catch is dedicated to resolving your raccoon problem in the most efficient way possible, however the length of time to resolve the problem varies; each raccoon trapping session is different. Quick Catch professionals are usually able to trap raccoons within two weeks, but also may be able to solve the problem the first night. There are multiple considerations that can effect how long it takes to trap the raccoons.
If you live in Jacksonville or a surrounding North Florida area and
- Suspect a raccoon or family of them in your home or attic
- Know that you have a raccoon problem
- Need repair work to damage caused by raccoons
- OR need our raccoon intrusion prevention services