Fox Trapping and Fox Removal
Foxes can look very cute but are also very dangerous. Foxes are one of the largest carriers of the rabies virus on the East Coast, and rabies is 100% fatal if left untreated. A fox is also a threat to small pets. It is important to get your problem with foxes remedied before they become a larger problem.
Quick Catch offers Fox trapping and Fox removal services to Jacksonville and surrounding North Florida areas including, Duval, St. Johns, Clay, Baker, Putnam, and Nassau counties.
Fox Removal Services:
- Fox Removal
- Fox Trapping
- Fox Proofing
- Fox Control
Common Reasons for Fox Trapping and Fox Removal Services:
- Foxes can kill small pets
Foxes usually feed on invertebrates (such as worms, snails, and insects) and small rodents, but will occasionally feed on small animals. A small pet dog or cat could easily become the prey to a hungry fox. Many people become aware of a possible fox attack near their home or office when their pet goes missing. Unlike coyotes, a fox will kill its prey and take it back to the fox den to either feed its young or bury the dead animal for a later meal. Most farmers consider foxes a nuisance because foxes feed on chickens, goat kids, and lambs.
- Foxes carry disease
Foxes can look very cute but are also very dangerous because foxes are one of the most frequent carriers of the Rabies virus on the East Coast. Rabies will be 100% fatal if left untreated. If a fox bites or scratches anyone or a pet, that fox must be safely trapped, killed, and have its head cut off and sent to be tested for rabies. If for any reason the fox cannot be trapped, the person or animal bitten or scratched must go through a series of expensive and painful rabies shots. This is why fox trapping and fox removal is absolutely necessary, and should be delegated to the professionals at Quick Catch.
How Quick Catch Removes Foxes:
- Trapping foxes is the most effective way to remove them.
Some other wildlife and animal control companies sometimes use other methods for fox removal, but these other methods are not as effective and sometimes inhumane. Some companies will use poison to kill wildlife and animals that are causing problems, but the animal will then often die under your home or business, or somewhere on your property, and produce a horrible stench. Then the removal of the dead fox carcass will be necessary. Based on our exhaustive research and experience, a fox needs to be trapped and then relocated far enough away that it will not come back.
- After foxes are removed, animal repair and intrusion prevention services are recommended
Quick Catch can assess damage caused by the foxes and repair holes or gaps, and close off possible entry ways into your home, or business. We offer a Free Estimate to assess the damage and required efforts.
What are ways to Detect A Fox Problem?
- Seeing foxes on your property. Although mostly nocturnal animals, foxes sometimes are out and about during the daylight in search of specific food sources that are only out during the daytime. Mother foxes that are still nursing will often forage during the day
- Many people become aware of a possible fox attack near their home or office when their pet goes missing
- Seeing a fox going under a home or office building or business. The fox may have taken over an existing armadillo den that was made under the home or business
- A baby fox (a kit) is found on your property. The mother fox and the rest of the kits should be nearby
How long will the process take to trap foxes?
Quick Catch is dedicated to resolving your fox problem in the most efficient way possible, however the length of time to resolve the problem varies; each fox trapping session is different. Quick Catch professionals are usually able to trap foxes within two weeks, but also may be able to solve the problem the first night. There are multiple considerations that can effect how long it takes to trap the foxes.
If you live in Jacksonville or a surrounding North Florida area and
- Suspect a fox or family of them in your home or business
- Know that you have a fox problem
- Need repair work to damage caused by foxes
- OR need our fox intrusion prevention services