Armadillo Removal and Armadillo Proofing
Nine-banded or Long Nosed Armadillos can be an extreme nuisance to your living environment. Whether they tear up your lawn, garden, or landscape to burrow dens, or to dig for ants, termites, and grubs or worms to eat, it is important to get your armadillo problem remedied before they do even more destruction.
Quick Catch will trap armadillos, and provide armadillo removal and proofing services to Jacksonville and surrounding North Florida areas including St. Johns, Clay, Nassau, Duval, Baker and Putnam counties.
Armadillo Removal Services:
- Armadillo Removal
- Armadillo Trapping
- Armadillo Proofing
- Armadillo Control
- Armadillo Clean-Up
- Armadillo Intrusion Prevention
Common Reasons for Armadillo Removal Services in Jacksonville, Florida:
- Armadillos can cause a lot of damage
Armadillos dig up lawns, gardens, and business landscaping to find grubs and worms to eat. Armadillos also dig larger holes and tunnel for 10 to 20 feet, to use as burrows or dens. Armadillos frequently dig several burrow tunnels, and move from one to the other, depending on where they are searching for something to eat. Armadillo tunnels can weaken the foundation of your home or business, your sidewalk, your drive way, or damage trees and shrubs by digging through their root systems. If you fill in the larger holes, and the armadillo is inside, they will just dig themselves out. If you fill in the hole while the armadillo is away, the armadillo will just dig it out again when it returns. At Quick Catch we not only remove the animals, we also offer animal-proofing service to help prevent a re-occurrence.
- Armadillos could be dangerous for you or your pets
Armadillos don’t bite, but can scratch you or your pets if they feel threatened. Armadillos are also known to carry diseases that can be transmitted to you or your pets. Armadillos may look cute, but do not get close to them, you could get hurt.
How Quick Catch Removes Armadillos:
- Quick Catch will trap armadillos – the most effective way to remove them.
Based on our exhaustive research, armadillos need to be trapped and then removed from your property, and then their tunnel holes will need to be filled in.
- Armadillo Proofing Service.
After all of the armadillos have been removed from your property, a Quick Catch professional can create an estimate of the scope and cost of Armadillo Proofing your property to prevent future incidents.
What are ways to Detect an Armadillo Problem?
- If there are little holes dug in your lawn, garden, or landscaping, and there are larger holes on your property that appear to go much further into the Earth, you probably are having armadillo problems. Call Quick Catch; our trained and skilled technicians will be able to determine what is causing your problems and recommend a safe solution.
- Hearing noises or rustling in the attic of your home or business is probably NOT an indication that there is an armadillo problem. Armadillos prefer digging in the ground; noises in your attic are probably rats, mice, squirrels, raccoons, or opossums.
- Finding gnawed wiring or holes in your air conditioning duct work are NOT common signs of armadillo problems. Again, these are more common indications that you are having problems with mice, rats, squirrels, opossums, or raccoons.
How long will it usually take to trap armadillos?
Quick Catch is dedicated to resolving your armadillo problem in the most efficient way possible, however the length of time to resolve the problem varies; each armadillo trapping session is different. Quick Catch technicians are usually able to trap armadillos within two weeks, but also might be able to solve the problem on the first night. There are multiple considerations that can effect how long it takes to trap the armadillos.
If you live in Jacksonville or a surrounding North Florida area and
- Suspect armadillos are damaging your lawn, your garden, or your business property or landscaping
- Know that you have an armadillo problem
- Need our Armadillo Proofing services to prevent their return